Call for Applications: doctoral scholarship from the Heinrich Böll Foundation
The next closing date for applications is 1 March 2017.
Are you a young academic working on your PhD? Is your research project ambitious and innovative? Are you socially engaged and interested in politics? Then apply for a doctoral scholarship from the Heinrich Böll Foundation. The Heinrich Böll Foundation maintains close ties to the German Green Party (BÜNDNIS 90/DIE GRÜNEN) and provides funding each year for 180 doctoral students during their academic training and qualification phase. Applications are welcome from young academics in all subjects and of all nationalities.
Doctoral students in all subjects who earned their university entrance qualification in Germany (German nationals and "Bildungsinländer/innen"):
- At the time of application, the applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state-recognised institution of higher education in Germany or another EU country.
- Preference will be given to dissertation projects related to the working areas of the Heinrich Böll Foundation
Doctoral scholarships in the focus programme “Transformation Research” for German students
- At the time of application, the applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state-recognised institution of higher education in Germany or another EU country
Promoted are those studying and graduating who have a positive attitude towards the goals of the Green project, share the fundamental ideals of the Heinrich Böll Foundation – democracy, ecology, solidarity and non-violence – and who take an active socio-political role.
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
Funding is normally provided for a period of two years, though up to two extensions of six months each are possible. Scholarship holders from an EU country receive a basic scholarship of 1,350 euros per month plus a research cost allowance of 100 euros per month. Scholarship holders from a non-EU country receive 1,000 euros per month plus a mobility allowance of 100 euros per month, as well as various individual allowances. Additionally a family allowance may be granted.
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- proof of admission to doctoral studies by a state or state-recognised university, as a rule in Germany
- preliminary work must have been completed
- valid timetable for completion
- proof of social commitment
- proof of proficiency in German
To the application portal - accessible here after 17 January 2017 -
More information on the Doctoral sholarship:
Phone: +49 (0)30 / 28534-400
Fax: +49 (0)30 / 285 34-409