Services for alumni networks
Are you active in an alumni association or network? And are you looking for a platform with support options to promote academic exchange, networking and cooperation among your members?
The Alumniportal helps you by adding a powerful virtual component to your alumni work. Here you will find our most relevant services specifically designed for alumni networks and associations.
COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT AND ATTRACTING NEW MEMBERS
Motivated and active members are what differentiate a good association experience. It is therefore all the more important to value and motivate these members accordingly. Every association can benefit from targeted membership and community management. The Alumniportal is a specialised platform for Germany alumni that offers a way to improve communication within your association and to raise the external impact of your work.
You can use our Community to become active yourself, either as a representative of your association or even as an alumna or alumnus:
- Simply register as an individual in the Alumniportal and create a profile for your alumni association in the directory for organisations. As a representative of your association, you are then accessible to your members within the Community and can also network with other interesting partners.
- Start your own group and invite your members to join. The Alumniportal also enables you to attract new members to your regional alumni association or disciplinary alumni network.
- Use the group forum for discussions, exchanging ideas among network members, and sharing links and images.
- Post relevant information, events, even details of career opportunities or calls for applications that are exclusive to your group members.
- Start a mentoring programme for members in your group and benefit from the option of digital matching between mentors and mentees for one-to-one mentoring.
- Contact your members via private or group messages to inform them about news from your association.
- Your members will additionally benefit from the Community’s many information and networking opportunities beyond your group.
WHY USE THE ALUMNIPORTAL AND NOT THE LIKES OF FACEBOOK
Exclusive network with a focus on Germany
The Alumniportal Deutschland is Germany’s service for networking and knowledge exchange among alumni, companies, higher education institutions and organisations. It is an exclusive network for Germany alumni and representatives of German higher education institutions and organisations. You and your members therefore benefit from the information and offers from many German organisations.
Personal and fast support
Behind the Alumniportal Deutschland there is a team of employees from the German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst – DAAD), the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation and the Goethe Institut. You can contact them personally, and they understand the needs of alumni and alumni associations. Some of them are themselves Germany alumni.
You maintain full control of your data
We consider that protecting the personal data of alumni is important. Data protection is therefore a major priority for us on Alumniportal Deutschland. You maintain full control of the data that you input during registration and afterwards. You independently determine which information is visible and to whom. Search engines and non-registered users have no access to the pages containing personal data.
How to use the community platform?
This is the "AGEP - Networks" group, a place where students and alumni from all of the Development-Related Postgraduate Courses offered from German institutions of higher education and supported by the DAAD can come together and meet, connect, discuss and share information with each other on a vast variety of topics.
Did you attend a school participating in the PASCH initiative, in other words one of the more than 2,000 schools where German has particularly high significance? Then you are very welcome in this group – we are delighted to have you here as a PASCH alumna/alumnus.
Now join our Community!
Register and use the Alumniportal for community management within your association!
Your contact person for community management
Senior Desk Officer, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)