Virtual Career Fair Kenya 2016: Joining from wherever you are and real-time communication
- First virtual career fair for Kenya, only some weeks after the career fair in Nairobi in June 2016
- German and Kenyan renowned employers present career opportunities for Germany-Alumni
- Supporting programme with webinars on career topics and alumni sharing their experiences
Why do you organize a second career event for a country, where only some weeks ago a career event has taken place? And this time online? Well, there are a few reasons for that:
Those who were unable to attend the fair in Nairobi had the chance to come into contact with potential employers on October 13, logging in from their computer wherever they were. Besides Germany-Alumni from Nairobi, many joined from the neighbouring countries and Germany. Visitors and exhibitors could save time and costs with their participation. For almost everybody, this was a first participation, which was worthwhile. Here is some feedback from the visitors:
- The response time of the exhibitors was excellent and I left with a full briefcase of documents. Also, it being the first online fair really fascinated me and I even shared this with some of my friends.
- Exciting to meet new people and employers
- Great opportunity to interact with hiring managers
- Having the convenience to attend the fair at any time of the day at any place.
Feedback from exhibitors:
- The profile and the quality of those who visited our booth were great.
- The virtual fair allows flexibility and reaches a wider audience in this modern age digital generation.
- I was impressed by the real-time communication and the experiences shared by different Alumni.
- The virtual platform was amazing.
Of course, we keep learning from every career event we organize. Visitors wish more exhibitors and career opportunities, for instance. An exhibitor proposes to make the fair accessible also for other people, who are interested in Germany, its language and culture.
Virtual Career Fair `Trained in Germany´ in figures
20 renowned German and Kenyan companies and organisations participated at the fair. Over 210 Germany-Alumni joined in the fair on October 13th, 2016 from 9 AM to 3 PM (EAT). More than 83% of the surveyed visitors rate the event as excellent or good and 100% would attend a next fair.
If you want to learn more about the participating companies and organisations and the supporting programme, please visit our website.
Get to know more about activities of Germany-Alumni in Kenia in our community: