New information portal "GERiT": Get to know 25,000 research institutions in Germany
The Internet portal "GERiT - German Research Institutions" of the German Research Foundation (DFG) contains information on over 25,000 institutes of German universities and non-university research institutions in German and English. This allows academics and scientists worldwide a quick and differentiated access to the German scientific landscape. "GERiT" replaces the previous Internet portal "Research Explorer".
What does GERiT offer?
- As a new feature, GERiT provides statistical information on individual research institutions – in the case of universities, for example, the number of faculties, institutes, students and professors.
- For many universities GERiT also provides a link to the institution’s own careers portal.
- In partnership with the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK), which maintains the Higher Education Compass, users can see whether a given faculty offers doctoral programmes. If so, a link to the Higher Education Compass gives access to all the relevant information about earning a doctorate.
- A link to the DFG Funding Atlas (in German only) also provides an overview of an institution’s core research areas.
- The search results can be viewed as a list or an interactive map, with the option of further narrowing down the search criteria. Each institution’s entry now also features a location map for finding your way there.
"GERiT" is linked to the Internet portal for international research marketing (research-in-germany.org) edited by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in order to reach as many interested students and researchers as possible internationally.
Access the information portal GERiT: www.gerit.org