Video Contest - Tell us your story!
Now your story counts! Tell us in a short video what kind of experiences the DAAD made possible for you.
What this is about
There are DAAD alumni all over the world. Since 1950, the DAAD has supported more than 2 million academics in their study and research stays abroad. This means, there are countless impressive experiences, encounters and stories to be told. Every story can change a person. And every person can change the world. #changebyexchange
With our video campaign we would like to showcase your story. How has it changed you? Tell us all of this in a video and win one of three prizes.
The winners have been announced. Thank you to everyone who participated in our contest. We really appreciate the motivation and effort you put into your work! In the following we would like to present you the three winning videos of our contest.
1st place: Phong Hong from California, USA
2nd place: Ahmed Al-Kebsi from Yemen
3rd place: Alexandra Zavyalova, Mariya Agafonova and Aibike Bekbulatova from Kazakhstan
Special Mention: Ocasa Preditha from Indonesia
How can I take part?
The action goes on! Even though the competition is over, you can still send us your videos and share your story with us. You can take part if you are a DAAD alumna or alumnus. Generally, the DAAD defines DAAD alumni as individuals who have recordedly received at least three months of individual funding from the DAAD.
Record yourself in front of a camera and tell us about yourself, your encounters and moments that summarise your experience best. Which country did you spend time in? Are there any objects that you cherish and that remind you of your stay? Show them! Your story is strongly connected to another person's story? Let one or two additional alumni join your video.
Some guiding questions for your inspiration:
- In which ways did your stay abroad change you personally?
- Are there encounters, places and moments from your time abroad that you remember best?
- How has your carreer path developed since your stay abroad?
Technical requirements and conditions of participation
- The video should be no longer than two minutes, preferably shorter
- In German or English
- Landscape format
- Please be aware: You may not use copyright protected music and pictures you downloaded from the internet. Music that can be used in videos can be found on websites such as Jamendo.de. However, this music should not be incorporated lightheadedly. Please, first read how to properly utilise the media and disclose the author and the source at the end of the video.
- All individuals appearing in the video must give their consent to being in the video.
- If you submit a video, you agree that the DAAD may publish your work with your name and use it for ist public relations work.
- The jury determines the winner. The jury's decision is binding for all participants and cannot be contested.
- By submitting a video, you agree to all conditions of participation.
Here, you can upload your finished video.
If you want to take your video to the next level or you are uncertain how you can use your equipment best, we have compiled some tricks and tips at the end of the page.
- I (and my fellow storytellers) are DAAD Alumni.
- I briefly introduced me and my host country.
- My video is two minutes maximum.
- I filmed in landscape format.
- I properly labeled music and pictures.