Apply now: The German Chancellor Fellowship
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is searching for the leaders of tomorrow – from Brazil, China, India, Russia, and the USA. The German Chancellor Fellowship offers you an opportunity to take the next career step in Germany – irrespective of your field of work.
In order to apply, develop your own project idea and find the host of your choice to mentor you. Once your host has confirmed, you can apply for a fellowship.
The stipend includes
- a monthly fellowship of €2,150, €2,450 or €2,750, depending on your qualifications
- individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- a study tour of Germany and a number of events during which you can make contact with other fellows and representatives of German companies and institutions
- extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career
Send an application, if you
- are a university graduate with an international bias from Brazil, China, India, Russia or the USA and have already acquired initial leadership experience
- completed your first degree less than 12 years ago
- would like to spend a year working on a project you have developed yourself with a host of your choice in Germany
- can demonstrate that your project will be of social significance and that you have the potential to build future bridges between Germany and your own country
- work in a sector such as politics, economics, the media, administration and culture
The closing date for applications is 15 September 2019.
The Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany is the patron of this fellowship programme. The Foundation grants up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships annually – up to ten for each country.
William Wheeler - German Chancellor Fellow 2014-2015
Continue reading on the Alumniportal Deutschland
About the Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation promotes academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from abroad and from Germany.
- The research fellowships and research awards allow you to come to Germany to work on a research project you have chosen yourself together with a host and collaborative partner.
- If you are a scientist or scholar from Germany you can profit from our support and carry out a research project abroad as a guest of one of more than 29,000 Humboldt Foundation alumni worldwide - the Humboldtians.
- As an intermediary organisation for German foreign cultural and educational policy the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation promotes international cultural dialogue and academic exchange.