Apply now: DAAD Alumni expert seminar “Environmental strategies and water technologies”
From October 8 to 15, the DAAD alumni seminar "Environmental Strategies and Water Technologies" will take place in Kochi (India). Afterwards the participants will attend the international trade fair IFAT India in Mumbai from 16 to 18 October 2019. The event is organized by the University of Siegen and in close cooperation with the Wastewater and Waste Technologies Section of the University of Siegen, the SCMS Water Institute (SWI) , the SCMS School of Engineering and Technology and the German Association for Water, Wastewater and Waste (DWA).
The objectives of the seminar reflect the topics of the trade fair: Water Management, Water Sewage, Reuse and Recycling.
The seminar will concentrate on:
- Increased sensitisation for sustainable use and management of the resource water,
- Improved networking of the local actors, and
- Exchange of experiences and strategies available in the region regarding the efficient use of water and water distribution systems, waste water collection and waste water treatment, and technologies to measure and control water pollution including laboratory techniques.
In preparation of IFAT India, existing contacts between educational institutes, authorities and the business sector in South India will be demonstrated. Concepts shall be developed to improve cooperation on national as well as on international level in South East and South Asia.
Alumni shall demonstrate links between private sector, Government institutions and Universities in their home countries and develop mechanisms to improve their relations. The network GAWN and activities of alumni related to water management might be highlighted at IFAT India.
The seminar will have two parts:
- Six days seminar at SCMS Water Institute (SWI): Presentations of alumni, German lecturers and guest speakers from South Indian organizations and institutions will focus on water use efficiency, waste water treatment, water distribution systems, and measurement and control mechanisms for water quality and pollution. New types of learning material will be demonstrated and actively used in working groups. The cooperation of business sector with universities and public private partnerships in preparation of the fair will be demonstrated. A one day excursion or a visit of an institution in the vicinity of Kochi will allow insight into practice, and possibly demonstrate existing German – Indian cooperation in the water sector
- Three days visit of the international trade fair IFAT India: A common presentation at the fair shall be organised. Posters highlighting the Alumni network might be presented at the IFAT India. Side events at the fair will be organised in cooperation with DAAD and DWA.
Who can apply?
Eligible for participation are persons who meet the following requirements:
- German university alumni from South East Asian developing countries (DAC countries).
- A stay in Germany of at least 3 months for study, work or scientific research purposes has to be proven.
Interested applicants please follow these steps:
- Access the call for applications on the website of the German Alumni Water Networks (GAWN).
- Follow the instructions on the form.
Application deadline is 30 May 2019.