Call for applications: Industrial Heritage and Living Archives in Europe and Iran
The Artistic Research Residency Program Iran-Europe invites Iranian and European artists to present a project on:
- Either the potential re-evaluation, re-viewing and re-activation of a given industrial heritage site by shedding new light on it, defining innovative roles and functions for today and for tomorrow and linking its historical background with possible new roles and functions in the future through artistic means.
- Or on the topic of Living archives. This includes a spectrum of different approaches to deal artistically with: already existing archives, systematic archives, unclassified archives, new archives, incomplete archives, hidden archives, etc.
All projects should have an innovative storytelling dimension by using contemporary artistic formats of research and a community engagement dimension, including collaboration with local artists.
The outcome of the residency can vary in a wide range of artistic expressions, likely to be presented to the public both in situ as well as in another location. In site interventions might be possible to the extent that they are reversible and in agreement with an Artistic-Committee. On each specific site, there is the opportunity for the artists to either work solo on the topic or in European-Iranian tandem.
Who can apply?
- Iranian and European artists
- Interested in works of art related to the fields of heritage, architecture, conservation, urban planning and history.
- Willing to travel abroadThe application can be done individually or in an Iranian-European tandem.
Application deadline: 30 August 2019
For more information click here.