Call for Applications: HIGH FEST "International Performing Arts Festival"
Deadline for applications is 31 March 2017.
The HIGH FEST International Performing Arts Festival welcomes performing arts companies and artists to present their productions in all genres of performing arts including theatre (drama, comedy, mime, movement, circus, street performances, puppet/marionette, fingers theatre, visual), dance (modern, folk, classic etc.), music (opera, classical, musical, contemporary, jazz, folk etc) and other forms of performing arts.
All performing arts groups and artists are welcome to submit their applications.
The selection for HIGH FEST 2015 is mainly based on the following criteria:
- Shows of the high quality and professionalism
- Shows and performances of all genres of performing arts; preferable not exceeded 5-7 person
- Companies ready to take part in workshops, meetings and discussions
- Companies ready to work together with the festival organizers to make things possible
This year it is the 100 year commemoration of the Armenian Genocide during the Ottoman Empire in 1915 and the High Fest will open a new program. No matter from which country one is, the genocide is a disaster. Art helps reveal and speak about it to a larger audience. This program wants to invite to speak about humans and violence. It opens to the audience the sorrow of other humans. The performances can be in any genre: drama, or music or verbatim or puppetry or contemporary dance etc.
If you have a performance about genocide or human violence, please apply to the Memorial Program.
Together let's realize the Memorial program. Let's spread the information about this to all colleagues and do a small step for you, which will be a huge step for the victims of the Armenian Genocide.
Note: If your work is out of the format of the festival or the deadline has already passed, you can participate at the Fringe Program, which means you take care all of your expenses. The Organizing Committee provides marketing and publicity costs, as well as free access to all performances and connected event.
- The application deadline is the 31th of March
- You will receive a confirmation and an info pack as soon as the application is received. If you do not receive a confirmation, please inform the organization committee.
- From the 31st of March till the 15th of May, you will be informed about the Advisory Board’s decision
- You need to confirm your participation till 30th of June. As soon as the confirmation is received, the official invitation will be send.
Ms. Shoghakat Galstyan (Chief Coordinator)
Tel.: + 374-99-882-110
Yerevan State Institute of Theatre and Cinema,
Yerevan 0002, Armenia