Apply now for the UN SDG Action Challenge Awards!
The UN SDG Action Challenge Awards aims to reward change-makers from all over the world who are taking actions to advance the 2030 Agenda. The Alumniportal Deutschland will support Germany-Alumni among the finalists with travel costs to allow them to take part in the awards ceremony in Germany!
The UN SDG Action Challenge Awards recognize outstanding achievements and innovative efforts to promote action on the Sustainable Development Goals.
In order to achieve the 2030 Agenda , we will need to learn from some of the greatest innovators, mobilizers, connectors, storytellers, communicators, visualizers and includers from across the Globe! This awards program by the UN SDG Action Campaign aims to find these change-makers and celebrate achievements being made in every corner of the earth, which all form a critical contribution to the international sustainable development movement.
The Awards are open to individuals, civil society organizations, local governments and others who are taking actions to advance the 2030 Agenda.
Members of the global SDG community will be invited to enter their projects, initiatives, networks and people for the chance win a UN SDG Action Challenge Award at the UN SDG Action Challenge Awards Ceremony on 21st March 2018 during the Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development in Bonn, Germany (21-23 March 2018).
The entry window will run until 15th January 2018. Submissions will be reviewed by expert group panels, with an additional award – the People’s Choice Award, being selected by attendees at the Festival in advance of the awards ceremony.
Germany-Alumni are change-makers!
The Alumniportal Deutschland strongly encourages Germany-Alumni who are already committed towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals with a project or initiative of their own for the chance to win a UN SDG Action Challenge Award. The Alumniportal will support Germany-Alumni who are shortlisted as finalists for an award with travel and accommodation costs to allow them to take part in the UN SDG Action Challenge Awards Ceremony on 21st March 2018 during the Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development in Bonn, Germany (21-23 March 2018)!
UN SDG Action Challenge Award Categories
- Mobilizer: This award goes to the team that demonstrates greatest successes with mobilizing citizens or volunteers to act for the SDGs.
- Storyteller: This award goes to the team that captures powerful human stories to help communicate the importance of the SDGs to people’s lives.
- Communicator: This award is for the most creative or impactful communications campaign (local/national/international) to raise awareness about the SDGs and/or people’s voices and role in SDG action.
- Visualizer: This award goes to the most innovative or impactful use of MY World or other citizen voices data to communicate with government or the public.
- Innovator: This award goes to the most creative or innovative use of new media/virtual reality for communicating SDGs.
- Connector: This award goes to the team/person with that demonstrates innovative or impactful ways to bring multiple stakeholders together, or building networks, towards SDG Action.
- Includer: Leave No One Behind – This award goes to the group who make the most extraordinary and impactful effort to ensure that excluded groups become part of the SDG dialogue and implementation in their community.
How to apply?
- Submit your application for one of the awards categories on the website of the UN SDG Action Campaign.
- Let us know that you have submitted your application by writing us a short note at info(at)alumniportal-deutschland.org
- If you are among the finalists, the Alumniportal Deutschland will cover your travel and accommodation costs to take part in the Awards Ceremony on 21st March 2018, under the condition that you are a Germany-Alumnus or Germany-Alumna (you will be asked to prove this with verifiable evidences).