Apply now: “WimmelResearch-Fellowship”
The “WimmelResearch-Fellowship” will be awarded as part of a joint project between Robert Bosch GmbH, Akademie Schloss Solitude and Wimmelforschung. The collaboration is based on the development of Platform 12, an experimental space designed by the artistic duo Wimmelforschung in collaboration with Bosch as part of Bosch’s new center for research and advance engineering. The platform serves as a creative hub and room for reflection as well as communication for all researchers. It offers an environment that allows its employees to work independently from the organizational structure of the company. As an essential feature, Platform 12 contains a permanent collaboration with Akademie Schloss Solitude, in the framework of which artists of various disciplines intervene into the company’s structure and organization as indirect observers and instigators from outside.
- The funding period amounts to maximal 3 months
- A stipend amounting to Euro 1,150 monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from his or her primary place of residence)
- If applicable, a project-related budget for the realization of a project
- A combined apartment studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge
- For the duration of the fellowship the respective artist in her or his role as agent will be mentored by Wimmelforschung and Akademie Schloss Solitude.
Who can apply?
The “WimmelResearch-Fellowship” addresses artists coming from the disciplines of architecture, visual arts, performing arts, sound, design, literature, time-based media as well as web-based media, who have a serious interest in interdisciplinary exchange. A willingness to open communication and sensibility towards the specific working environment are essential. An active examination and artistic reflection of the respectively encountered working conditions in the context of Platform 12 are required. The decision on content and form of expression of the work are however principally open and left to the artist.
All documents should be sent exclusively in PDF format via e-mail to: wimmelforschung(at)akademie-solitude.de
The next fellowship will be awarded for the period of November 1, 2017 to January 31, 2018.
The deadline for applications is 17 September 2017, 12 p.m. CET/MEZ.
More information is available at the website of the Akademie Solitude.