Apply now: Scholarships for the South African-German Graduate School “Urban Studies” at Wits University
The School of Architecture of the Technische Universität Berlin, and the School of Architecture and Planning at University of the Witwatersrand offer a new urban-oriented graduate and postgraduate training and capacity building programme.
The aim of the programme
The programme includes bilateral exchange activities, workshops and conferences implemented through the Wits-TUB Urban Lab and will focus on four innovation areas that address SDG implementation in urban areas:
- Integrated approaches towards SDG implementation
- Implementation tools
- Political context for urbanisation
- Practice orientation
The scholarship recipients will benefit from guest lectures, joint supervision scheme and a summer school at Wits University.
Supported masters programmes
The masters scholarships apply to the following 1 year full time degrees at Wits University in Johannesburg, supported by a bilateral programme with TU Berlin:
- MSc Development Planning (MSc DP)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Sustainable Energy Efficient Cities (MUS - SEEC)
- Master of Urban studies in the Field of Housing and Human Settlements (MUS - HHUS)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Politics and Governance (MUS - UPG)
- Master uf Urban studies in the field of Urban Management (MUS - US)
Who can apply?
- Graduates from South Africa and other Sub-Saharan African countries
Application deadline: 30 September 2018