Have you ever thought about how much trash you generate in just one day?
Do you know what is your personal average? Do you think you generate too much trash? Have you ever thought how it is to spend a day without trash? Or how could you reduce it?
If you want to answer these questions and care about the world, then join the challenge of Alumniportal Deutschland to spend 24 hours without generating any trash or as less as possible.
HOW DO YOU PARTICIPATE?
Try to make no trash for an entire day. Try your best, but don't worry too much if you don´t get a perfect score.
Think about what you buy, what you eat, how you commute, how you share information or take notes... Recycling is a great way to extend the useful life of many materials, but it takes energy to remake things. Someday they will probably end up in the landfill. Recycling should be seen as the last resort, for materials you just can't find any way to reuse. For this challenge, biodegradable items such as food scraps, coffee grounds, paper towels, toilet paper and similar, which you turn back into dirt via a compost do not count as trash.
Why are we doing this?
Because we care about environment and people. And especially Germany-Alumni can play an important role in increasing awareness how much trash is generated in one day and inspiring people to reduce it!
How does it work?
- Keep track of your trash and put it in a jar or just on a table.
- Photograph or film it by the end of the day.
- Produce a short video or photo story and share your experience – how easy or difficult it was - tell a problem you identified with the trash and give tips/solutions how to reduce it.
- Share your achievement on your social media profile (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...,) and add the hashtags #NoTrashDay #24StundenOhneMüll #yourcountry (e.g. #Latvia) and tag @alumni_de in your story! Alternatively you could post your achievement on the Facebook page of Alumniportal Deutschland.
- Nominate at least 1 person, preferably Deutschland Alumnus or Alumna, for this challenge, and see how the day goes for them!
THIS IS HOW IT LOOKS
Challenge yourself and have fun!