Apply now: Einstein BIH Visiting Fellows + Humboldt Research Fellows 2018
Stiftung Charité announces again two renowned funding programs in order to recruit international scholars—specially tailored to their specific career levels.
Einstein BIH Visiting Fellows
in cooperation with Einstein Foundation Berlin
- Funding for an international collaboration and a scientific idea with long-term potential
- Up to 450,000 euro for three years to implement the working group and integrate the fellow (continuation for further two years plus follow-up funding is possible)
Who can apply?
Top-level scientists who remain employed by their home institutions abroad but simultaneously establish a working group in Berlin and are regularly available there. New option: Fellows can also be hosted by experienced postdocs of BIH, Charité, and MDC.
Humboldt Research Fellows at BIH?
in cooperation with Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Option for experienced scientists (4 to 12 years after having completed a PhD): 3,150 euro a month for 6 to 18 months (can be split up) or
- Option for postdoctoral scientists (up to 4 years after having completed a PhD): 2,650 euro a month for 6 to 24 months
- Several additional benefits
- Significantly better prospects for the promotion of positively reviewed applications than with the subject and institution independent Humboldt Research Fellowships
Who can apply?
Younger or established exceptionally qualified early career scientists from abroad (or already having been in Germany for a maximum of six months) who wish to work on a life science research project in Berlin.
Respective application deadline is 15 January 2018.
More information on the respective programme requirements is available online on the website of the Charité Berlin.