Apply now: DAAD Alumni Special Project “Tropentag 2019”
The training seminars organized by the University of Göttingen and the University of Kassel and the conference visit are offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in the framework of the DAAD programme Alumni Special Projects.
The training seminars will take place from 10 - 17 September 2019, organized by the above mentioned universities, followed by the visit of Tropentag 2019 in Kassel, Germany, from 18 - 20 September 2019.
Who can apply?
This offer targets Alumni of German universities
- from countries, listed on the DAC list of developing countries,
- who carried out research or studied in Germany for at least 3 months and
- who are currently living and working in their home countries.
Alumni should have
- a proven background in academic fields relevant to the topics of (organic) agriculture, organic production, handling, transport, processing, marketing, certification, accreditation or legislation in the field of organic agriculture, rural development, natural resource management, environment, forestry
- professional experience and personal interest in one of the following areas: research, education, NGOs, government agencies, policy making, project development, local communities, and related stakeholders
- the requirements to act as a potential multiplier who will present the seminar results in your home country and thus disseminate the acquired knowledge as well as develop ideas and projects for regional implementation
- adequate language proficiency which is essential to actively participate in the workshops and discussions as the seminar will be held in English.
Please address your application directly to the contact named in the announcements until 31 May 2019 by the latest.
- Tropentag 2019 (conference website)