Apply now: TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme
The TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme provides postdoctoral researchers from sub-Saharan Africa, including South Africa, with the opportunity to make a ‘Cooperation Visit’ to an institute in Germany of no more than 3 months.Under this programme, researchers are assisted in making a ‘Cooperation Visit’ to an institute in Germany. Such visits will have a duration of no more than three (3) months and must be undertaken within 12 months of the award.The aim of the visit is to discuss research collaboration with German scientists with the ultimate goal of developing longer-term collaboration, perhaps through other Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, or German Research Foundation) programmes. DFG will cover health insurance, travel expenses and provide subsistence costs for the stay in Germany. The administration and financial operation of TWAS is undertaken by UNESCO in accordance with an agreement signed by the two organizations.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must hold a PhD and must have obtained it not earlier than 2013;
- Applicants must be nationals of a sub-Saharan African country, including South Africa, and hold a research position in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants already on site in Germany are not eligible.
- Successful applicants can only reapply once for another cooperation visit.
- Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
- All academic fields will be considered.
The deadline for applications is 31 March 2018. Successful applicants will be informed three months after the deadline.
More information regarding the programme and the application are available online.
Further inquiries can be directed to: